There are many different garage door materials. Many people don’t realize that garage doors come in more materials than steel and in a variety of different colors and materials. If you are in the market for a garage door replacement, then you will need to choose between some common materials, including:
- Fiberglass- Lightweight and strong, fiberglass is a good choice for someone who is looking for a garage door replacement that can withstand a lot of use in a warmer and coastal climate.
- Steel- Steel is a great material when people are worried about longevity and security. Because steel doors are so strong, many people prefer them for an extra layer of protection as well as their extra insulation.
- Vinyl- When you are looking for a door that won’t fade from the sun and can weather the weather beautifully, vinyl doors are a great choice. With the color in the material, not applied to the surface, a dent or a scratch will be less noticeable.
- Wood- Consistently beautiful, wood garage doors are the obvious choice for an older home. These doors will look great in contemporary as well as traditional properties.
- Aluminum- When you live in an area of high humidity and moisture, aluminum is a great choice because it won’t rust. In addition to being lightweight, aluminum garage doors are also strong and durable.
Are you looking for your next garage door replacement? Let our team here at Advanced Overhead Door NC know! We would love to help you find the right choice for your home.