A garage door that won’t work can get in the way of the rest of your day. Instead of worrying, know that you always have us at Advanced Overhead Door NC to help you out. We serve homeowners throughout the Charlotte, North Carolina area, and all you have to do for us to come and fix your garage door is give us a call. We offer fast response times, friendly technicians, and fair repair rates. Put our number in your phone for the next time you need emergency garage door service!
Are you having troubles with your garage door? It may be obvious to you that you need a garage door repair. However, there are certain circumstances that require repairs sooner rather than later. To help guide you, here are the tops signs that you need an emergency garage door repair.
- Your Garage Door Won’t Open – Will your garage door not open due to malfunctioning components? If so, consider calling a professional for emergency services. A garage door not opening may not seem like an emergency, but if your vehicle is trapped inside the garage, you have somewhere to be, and you can’t manually open your garage door, don’t hesitate to call us at Advanced Overhead Door NC.
- Broken Parts – Can you visibly see broken parts to your garage door? Broken or loose parts could lead to parts falling off your garage door and leaving your vehicles and other garage-kept belongings at risk of damage.
- Your Safety Is Compromised – Any situation that results in you or a loved one trapped in your garage is a reason to call for an emergency garage door repair, or 911 for more serious matters. Additionally, if your sensors are broken to your garage door, you should have those repaired immediately. Broken sensors could lead to your garage closing on your vehicle, you, or even a loved one.
We hope these key signs will help you indicate when you need emergency garage door repair. If you have any questions regarding our emergency garage door repair services, and other services we provide, contact us today for more information.
A garage door replacement is a big, expensive, and sometimes essential job. If you are considering a full garage door replacement, start here. Our team of experts has explained when they think a garage door replacement is necessary, and when you could actually solve your problem with a simple garage door repair.
Garage Door Replacement
Our experts recommend a garage door replacement if:
- The door is damaged beyond repair
- You are looking to update your garage door style and increase curb appeal
- You are doing a major remodel of your home that requires a garage door replacement
Garage Door Repair
Garage door replacements are actually few and far between. Most issues with garage doors can be fixed with a garage door repair. Opting for a repair instead of a full garage door replacement will save you lots of money and time. Common items that need replacing and/or maintenance are garage door springs, weather stripping, openers, hinges and rollers. Consult with a professional before jumping into a garage door replacement.
We here at Advanced Overhead Door NC have been in the garage door business for over 30 years. We are confident that we can help you with any garage door replacement or repair. Additionally, we offer 24-hour response for emergency repair situations. If you would like to learn more about how we can help you with your garage door needs, check out our website or call us to get a free quote today!
Overhead doors are an essential in many different businesses and industries. There are many different options when it comes to overhead doors, and it may be a little confusing to know exactly what you need to fit your needs. If you are looking to learn more about overhead doors, keep reading! The article will review all of the basic, need-to-know information on commercial overhead doors.
Commercial overhead doors provide protection, security, insulation and more. You can handpick the size, material, color, and features to fit exactly what you and your business need. Some of the most common types of overhead doors include:
- Roll Up Overhead Doors: These doors are very popular and are designed to roll up into a single coil. This is possible because instead of one single piece of metal or wood, the door has been designed with flexible slats, which allow an easy roll up.
- Fire Rated Doors: If you are specifically looking for fire protection, these are the doors for you. Fire rated overhead doors are thicker, more durable, and safer than other options. Some have also been impressed with their insulation and the ability to block outside noise.
- Traditional Overhead Doors: These doors, similar to those described above, are raised and lowered via motor, and use tracks or rails, which are installed directly below the ceiling.
If you are looking to learn more about commercial overhead doors, check us out at Advanced Overhead Door NC. We can help with all of your personal and commercial garage door needs.
Garage door servicing might not be the first item on your to-do list, but that doesn’t mean it is any less important than mowing the lawn or cleaning the dishes. Garage doors are something that we use every day, multiple times a day, but do not often think about. In the article below, we are going to explain why garage door servicing is important, and the basics to get you started.
First off, it is always a good idea to ensure that none of the major parts of the garage door are loose. The most common items that will need to be checked and tightened are any of the bolts and the roller brackets. The experts recommend that the rollers in your garage door need to be inspected twice per year, and replaced about every seven years (depending, of course, on how much you use your garage door).
Garage door servicing would not be complete without inspecting the weather-stripping. The weather-stripping is the long piece of rubber attached to the bottom of the garage door. Its purpose is to prevent critters, rain, snow, and more from getting into your garage. Additionally, it helps cushion your garage door’s landing. Weather stripping can easily wear over time, so it is important to inspect and replace when needed.
Finally, garage door servicing must include a little lubrication. This is a quick and easy task but will really help all of the garage door parts move easily.
If you do not want to worry about any of this garage door stuff, hire a garage door specialist to take care of it for you. Professionals offer preventative maintenance and garage door servicing plans. Hiring a pro ensures that your garage door is always working great, so you don’t have to lift a finger!
We all know what to do in an emergency — from a young age, we are taught to call 911. But what about a garage door emergency? Lucky for you, we have outlined what you need to know and what you need to do when your garage door needs emergency service.
First off, you might be wondering what qualifies as an emergency service for your garage. Common examples of garage door emergency service include:
- A garage door stuck open: This threatens the security of you, your home, your vehicle and your belongings.
- A garage door stuck closed: If your car is stuck inside, this means that you cannot drive where you need to go.
- A broken or disconnected opener and/or emergency cord: The opener, springs, and emergency cord all hold your heavy garage door in place. If any of these are not properly working, your garage door can violently crash closed, destroying anything in its path and even the door itself.
All of these issues are major, and you want them fixed fast. Do not try to tackle garage door emergency service on your own; leave these jobs to the pros. A professional will ensure that the issues are fixed correctly the first time.
If you are in need of a garage door emergency service and are located in Cornelius, Davidson, Denver, Huntersville, Iron Station, Lincolnton, Mt. Holly, Mooresville, Sherrills Ford, or Charlotte, North Carolina, give us a call today at Advanced Overhead Door NC. We can help you with all of your garage door needs!
If you are a homeowner, it is likely that you have a garage that you use every day (multiple times a day). Garage doors protect you, your home, your vehicle, and your belongings. This is a big-ticket home item that you want to ensure holds its value. Today our team of experts has compiled all of the top mistakes made by homeowners when it comes to garage doors.
- Not Sweating the Small Stuff- The most common mistake homeowners make when it comes to garage doors is not noticing or caring about minor damages, wear, noises, etc. These small issues can quickly develop into big issues, with even bigger repair costs. When you see or hear something out of the ordinary with your garage door, get it repaired immediately.
- DIY Projects- While some fixes for garage doors are easily done by most homeowners, some bigger items need to be handled by a professional. YouTube and online articles may make a DIY project seem easy (and promise to save you lots of money), but if you are not experienced with garage doors, we highly recommend calling a professional.
- Car Collisions – The biggest damage to garage doors is usually done by a vehicle crash. These collisions are typically at low speeds (and cause little to no damage to your vehicle) but can wreak major havoc on your garage door. Always enter and exit your garage slowly with absolute care and caution.
There are many different garage door materials. Many people don’t realize that garage doors come in more materials than steel and in a variety of different colors and materials. If you are in the market for a garage door replacement, then you will need to choose between some common materials, including:
- Fiberglass- Lightweight and strong, fiberglass is a good choice for someone who is looking for a garage door replacement that can withstand a lot of use in a warmer and coastal climate.
- Steel- Steel is a great material when people are worried about longevity and security. Because steel doors are so strong, many people prefer them for an extra layer of protection as well as their extra insulation.
- Vinyl- When you are looking for a door that won’t fade from the sun and can weather the weather beautifully, vinyl doors are a great choice. With the color in the material, not applied to the surface, a dent or a scratch will be less noticeable.
- Wood- Consistently beautiful, wood garage doors are the obvious choice for an older home. These doors will look great in contemporary as well as traditional properties.
- Aluminum- When you live in an area of high humidity and moisture, aluminum is a great choice because it won’t rust. In addition to being lightweight, aluminum garage doors are also strong and durable.
Are you looking for your next garage door replacement? Let our team here at Advanced Overhead Door NC know! We would love to help you find the right choice for your home.
The exterior of your home is just one of the features that is important to your home, but it is also what helps you feel welcomed and invited when you come home from work. If you don’t like what you see when you drive up, then you might not enjoy coming home as much as you could. When you are looking at the exterior of your home, consider what your garage doors can do for your curb appeal! If they are builder-grade, dull or outdated, they could negatively impact your impression of your home. Here at Advanced Overhead Door NC, we want you to feel nothing but love for your home and have some tips that you can use to update your garage doors.
First, consider the color. If your garage doors are newer and in good shape, there’s no need to replace them if you don’t have to. Often a new paint color will be enough change to see a dramatic transformation. Consider matching the trim on your home or a neutral color such as gray, beige, brown or black.
Second, look at the details. There are many factors that can give your garage door some distinction, and color is just one of them. If you want to help your garage look more high-end without the expensive price tag, look at adding some door hardware to your garage.
Finally, swap out an old and inefficient door for an upgraded model. While this option is more expensive, it is an investment in your property that you will enjoy daily. You’d be surprised at the difference just the garage door can make in your curb appeal!
To learn more about garage doors for your home, contact us here at Advanced Overhead Door NC.
A garage door is something that most of us use every day– even several times per day! When you have a remote garage door opener, you expect it to open and close properly when you need it to. However, if your garage door needs repairs or is starting to show the signs of a garage door repair, then you might find yourself stranded or stuck outside when you need to get in. Here at Advanced Overhead Door NC, we want to help you with your garage door repairs however you might need us, including showing you some of the warning signs that a garage door repair is imminent.
Notice the sounds and even smells of your garage door opener. A garage door opener should be relatively quiet, work smoothly and smell neutral. When your garage door is starting to have issues, you might notice that it is exceptionally loud when opening or closing. It might also struggle to open or close with rough, jerking motions before finally being able to complete the motion. Finally, if you smell something smoky or metallic, you should always call for a garage door repair.
Garage door repairs can also be done to the door itself. If the door is off its tracks, that is a sure sign of an issue. Garage door panels are heavy, and homeowners should never be the ones to attempt to fix them. You might also notice that one side of your garage closes or opens faster than the other. These are sure signs of issues.
If you would like to learn more about garage door repairs for your property, please give us a call here at Advanced Overhead Door NC today.