A garage door replacement is a big, expensive, and sometimes essential job. If you are considering a full garage door replacement, start here. Our team of experts has explained when they think a garage door replacement is necessary, and when you could actually solve your problem with a simple garage door repair.
Garage Door Replacement
Our experts recommend a garage door replacement if:
- The door is damaged beyond repair
- You are looking to update your garage door style and increase curb appeal
- You are doing a major remodel of your home that requires a garage door replacement
Garage Door Repair
Garage door replacements are actually few and far between. Most issues with garage doors can be fixed with a garage door repair. Opting for a repair instead of a full garage door replacement will save you lots of money and time. Common items that need replacing and/or maintenance are garage door springs, weather stripping, openers, hinges and rollers. Consult with a professional before jumping into a garage door replacement.
We here at Advanced Overhead Door NC have been in the garage door business for over 30 years. We are confident that we can help you with any garage door replacement or repair. Additionally, we offer 24-hour response for emergency repair situations. If you would like to learn more about how we can help you with your garage door needs, check out our website or call us to get a free quote today!
There are many different garage door materials. Many people don’t realize that garage doors come in more materials than steel and in a variety of different colors and materials. If you are in the market for a garage door replacement, then you will need to choose between some common materials, including:
- Fiberglass- Lightweight and strong, fiberglass is a good choice for someone who is looking for a garage door replacement that can withstand a lot of use in a warmer and coastal climate.
- Steel- Steel is a great material when people are worried about longevity and security. Because steel doors are so strong, many people prefer them for an extra layer of protection as well as their extra insulation.
- Vinyl- When you are looking for a door that won’t fade from the sun and can weather the weather beautifully, vinyl doors are a great choice. With the color in the material, not applied to the surface, a dent or a scratch will be less noticeable.
- Wood- Consistently beautiful, wood garage doors are the obvious choice for an older home. These doors will look great in contemporary as well as traditional properties.
- Aluminum- When you live in an area of high humidity and moisture, aluminum is a great choice because it won’t rust. In addition to being lightweight, aluminum garage doors are also strong and durable.
Are you looking for your next garage door replacement? Let our team here at Advanced Overhead Door NC know! We would love to help you find the right choice for your home.