The exterior of your home is just one of the features that is important to your home, but it is also what helps you feel welcomed and invited when you come home from work. If you don’t like what you see when you drive up, then you might not enjoy coming home as much as you could. When you are looking at the exterior of your home, consider what your garage doors can do for your curb appeal! If they are builder-grade, dull or outdated, they could negatively impact your impression of your home. Here at Advanced Overhead Door NC, we want you to feel nothing but love for your home and have some tips that you can use to update your garage doors.
First, consider the color. If your garage doors are newer and in good shape, there’s no need to replace them if you don’t have to. Often a new paint color will be enough change to see a dramatic transformation. Consider matching the trim on your home or a neutral color such as gray, beige, brown or black.
Second, look at the details. There are many factors that can give your garage door some distinction, and color is just one of them. If you want to help your garage look more high-end without the expensive price tag, look at adding some door hardware to your garage.
Finally, swap out an old and inefficient door for an upgraded model. While this option is more expensive, it is an investment in your property that you will enjoy daily. You’d be surprised at the difference just the garage door can make in your curb appeal!
To learn more about garage doors for your home, contact us here at Advanced Overhead Door NC.
A garage door is something that most of us use every day– even several times per day! When you have a remote garage door opener, you expect it to open and close properly when you need it to. However, if your garage door needs repairs or is starting to show the signs of a garage door repair, then you might find yourself stranded or stuck outside when you need to get in. Here at Advanced Overhead Door NC, we want to help you with your garage door repairs however you might need us, including showing you some of the warning signs that a garage door repair is imminent.
Notice the sounds and even smells of your garage door opener. A garage door opener should be relatively quiet, work smoothly and smell neutral. When your garage door is starting to have issues, you might notice that it is exceptionally loud when opening or closing. It might also struggle to open or close with rough, jerking motions before finally being able to complete the motion. Finally, if you smell something smoky or metallic, you should always call for a garage door repair.
Garage door repairs can also be done to the door itself. If the door is off its tracks, that is a sure sign of an issue. Garage door panels are heavy, and homeowners should never be the ones to attempt to fix them. You might also notice that one side of your garage closes or opens faster than the other. These are sure signs of issues.
If you would like to learn more about garage door repairs for your property, please give us a call here at Advanced Overhead Door NC today.
Have you been looking at new garage doors? Many of us want to improve things about our home, but garage doors aren’t usually what comes to mind when people think of home improvements. If you are tired of your builder-grade door and want something with a little more style or are interested in other advantages, consider the following advantages of a new garage door installation:
- New garage doors are often more efficient. Have you ever sat next to a window in an older home? Those single panes are chilly– and very inefficient when it comes to energy waste. A garage door is similar in that newer, more modern garage doors with insulators can make your garage more comfortable, efficient, and help protect your home from needless energy waste.
- New garage door installation can increase home value. If you are thinking about selling your property in the near future, you might want to consider a new garage door installation. Because many people will make the decision to walk through a home based on the exterior, a new garage door can help to increase the value and provide a great curb appealing feature.
- New garage doors come with great safety features. Older garage doors do not have the same safety features as new ones, and the upgrades can be better for both safety and aesthetics.
If you have any questions about new garage door installation options for your home, then please give us a call here at Advanced Overhead Door NC. We would love to chat with you further regarding your home or commercial property.
Do you have a garage door that is old or outdated? Are you looking to make your door more efficient or get some necessary repairs done? When you are looking for a garage door repair company, some of the most important features are also some that you don’t always look for, like how safe you will feel with the technicians working in your garage so close to your home. Here at Advanced Overhead Door NC, we want to make sure that you feel safe with your garage door company with a few easy steps:
- Ask for Proof of a Background Check. It is not unreasonable to ask for a background check or to learn more about the company’s drug testing policies. After all, when people are working on or within your home, you have a right to know who you are working with.
- Check for Experience. An established company will not only be able to perform their work more efficiently, but will also provide you with the assurance that they can hire and retain honest, reliable workers you can trust.
- Look for Warranties. When you work with a company that provides quality and active warranties, you are getting a glimpse into the future. This helps to separate the companies that are here to stay from the companies that are just popping up to make a quick buck.
To learn more about working with a garage door repair company that you can trust, please contact us here at Advanced Overhead Door NC today!